Friday, July 11, 2008


This Wednesday brought another crowd of folks to Novem: The Muses Playhouse, this week the celebration being in honor of Nikola Tesla's Birthday. Doc Mason did a splendid job as host...when he finally arrived *cough*. And again we had the wonderful Dr. Mitsu Figaro spinning tunes for us. (And I've said it before, but I'll say it again: you can't swing a dead urchin in New Babbage without hitting a Doctor. Dr. Augustus Dayafter was also in attendance at the soiree, although, frankly, I don't think he's a real doctor.)

For this week's theme, the costume contest was for Best Mad Scientist and Best Guinea Pig, the prize for the former going to Quinn Galthie, and the latter going to Xavier Wilkinson. Quinn's prize was a Studley Toolchest, generously donated by Mr. Edward Pearse (available for purchase at Pearse on Babbage). Xavier's prize was a...um...
hysterical paroxysm device, invented by Iason Hassanov, who is one mad genius, his own self. And if anyone out there wants to purchase this device, contact Iason in world. I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of this machine, although I'm finding that a single treatment isn't quite enough!

And along those lines, Wednesday's event turned out to be quite a bawdy event, with Mr. Wilkinson demonstrating his prize (although I don't think he really knew what would happen when he clicked that pink ball), and wild talk by various ladies in attendance. I was very happy to see this side of my neighbor ladies.

As usual, the lovely and talented Lulu Seetan documented the festivities. That woman does have an eye.... Check out pictures from this and other events at Flickr. That picture above is me in my Dolly avatar, portraying "A Product of Mason Labs." I'm giving Mr. Hassanov a great big hug and getting the life crushed out of me. Oh well, such is the life of a Doll. Thank goodness I have Doc Mason to put me back together again.

Next Wednesday's event: A Salute to Lewis Carroll, 7-9pm SL.

No comments: